Are you extremely unfulfilled with your small kitchen and you just want to get rid of it and build a new one?
Unluckily, not all homeowners have the space or the budget for the kitchen that they desire. If you are one of these homeowners, do not worry. There are a lot of things you can do with a small kitchen space.
Before you hire a Denver kitchen remodeling company, here are a couple of ideas for a small kitchen renovation project:
Add Mirrors or Mirrored Surfaces
Mirrors reflect light. It also opens a space and provides the impression that tiny space is larger. You can add a mirrored backsplash or place an actual mirror in your small kitchen renovation.
Adding a mirror to your dining space won’t only make it appear bigger if you’ve got an eat-in kitchen. It is also an excellent practice for Feng Shui. According to them, a mirror in the dining room boosts your ability to hold onto richness.
Consider Geometric Patterns
For small kitchens, geometric patterns are becoming a huge trend. It isn’t only a fun element to integrate. However, it adds depth, texture, and can trick your eye. This makes your kitchen appear bigger than it actually is.
You can add geometric shapes using a floor runner, a kitchen accessory, wallpaper, or tile. However, you’ve got to be cautious of adding too many geometric patterns. Your kitchen will appear more chaotic if you add a lot of patterns.
Add Open Shelving and/or Replace Cabinet Doors with Glass
Replacing cabinets with open shelving and/or adding glass doors to cabinets can make it appear like you’ve got a lot of extra space. Obviously, you have to keep your shelves clutter-free for this tip to work. For those who don’t know, clutter might make your space appear small as well as messy.
A couple of methods to make open shelving or glass cabinet doors work in your space include:
- Keep items you utilize every day close at hand. With this, you can keep things functional. Also, place items that you do not frequently use on out-of-reach shelves.
- Balance bigger and smaller items
- Stick with a color palette. Store mismatched dishes away and place all red or white dishes on display.
Integrate Creative Painting Approaches
Paint is a cheap and simple solution to a small kitchen renovation. You can utilize paint to add comfort, drama, and even the illusion of more space to your room. A couple of ways to utilize paint to make your small kitchen appear bigger include:
- Avoid matte paint. Eggshell or satin paint enables light to bounce off of surfaces. This makes the room appear bigger.
- Keep your ceiling white
- Add a bold accent wall or pops of color behind open shelving
- Paint dark cabinets a lighter color. Paint upper cabinets a lighter color and keep bottom cabinets dark. This creates the illusion of height.
- Stick with neutral and light colors
These are just some tips on how to remodel your small kitchen. To achieve this, make sure you hire the right contractor.